The Travel Mavens recommend the best of the Internet's travel blogs. We look for writers whose blogs provide a good read as well as reliable and credible information for travelers. We will add new blogs as they are reviewed by our staff.
We hope you begin your blog search with Travel Maven, written and edited by David Molyneaux, editor of The Travel Mavens.
Blogistan: Where to find the best travel blogs. A collection by Joe Brancatelli
- Ellipses Consumer writer and Troubleshooter Christopher Elliott explains travel reservations, hotel ratings and websites.
- Intelligent Travel Sustainable travel preserves the essential uniqueness of the world for future generations. National Geographic Traveler focuses on the impact that vacation trips have on a place and its inhabitants.
- Joe Sharkey Personal blog by a travel reporter and columnist for the New York Times.
- Getaway with Fran Fran Golden knows cruise ships, and she spends days at sea reviewing cruise vacations.
- Claire Walter Travel Babel: A Colorado travel writer and ski expert shares travel news and travel trends.
- From the Bridge Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor of Cruise Critic.com, is an expert on cruising. From the Features list, click on From the Bridge. For choosing a cruise, click on Editor's Picks.
Golfing on the best courses: Travel journalist Larry Olmsted writes expertly about golf courses and nearby resorts in his blog for USA Today. In June 2007, Olmsted recommended his 10 favorite family golf destinations.
- Joe Brancatelli Seat 2B, an insightful business travel blog at Conde Nast's Portfolio.com. Brancatelli edits the website, JoeSentMe.com
- Road Weary No matter how successful any trip may be, writes Shel Holtz, there's always some airline, hotel, cab company, somebody who will add misery to the experience.
- See Best Travel Web Sites